This clinic explored organisational change from a variety of perspectives, including central government, local government and the private sector. Terry Patterson, Managing Director, IAS New Zealand, has been leading significant change programmes over the last 14 years with a wide range of organisations that are all challenged by the same fundamental imperatives:
- constant drive for higher levels of customer service and satisfaction
- almost clinical focus on 'value for money'
- trapped in old operating paradigms
- over planning and over consulting
- low risk tolerance - limited leadership courage.
Terry shared his experiences, the good and the not so good during this clinic and explored some of the current change management challenges you face today.