What this toolkit is about
An individual development plan (IDP) is:
- a clear statement of your career development goals
- an individually-tailored action plan for developing specific competencies (and any knowledge and skills) that will improve your performance in your present position or will prepare you for new responsibilities
- a written plan for scheduling and managing your development
- a tool for your manager to use to estimate the resources needed for employee development training
- an agreement between you and your manager to meet your own and the organisation's goals.