Tā Te Ratonga Tūmatanui Kaupapa Whakaruruhau i ngā Uri o Te Moana a Kiwa
Public Service Pacific Mentoring Programme
In partnership with the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we are running the Public Service Pacific Mentoring Programme. This 9-month programme matches senior Pacific leaders in the Public Service with Pacific public servants who are getting ready to further their careers. This programme will help to empower and maximise skills and potential.
The programme will start in late June and end late March 2023. It is a blended programme consisting of one on one mentoring, five facilitated virtual workshops with mentees and mentors, and reflective journaling for mentees.
It offers an opportunity for Pacific public servants to be part of a programme based on four culturally aligned principles:
- Reciprocity – We will ensure both the mentor and mentee are contributing and taking away something from this programme, and that both groups are committed to achieving the overall vision.
- Service – We understand mentoring is an act of service beyond purely the mentee/mentor relationship, and there is an attitude of service to your community and wider connections.
- Collectivism – We will build this programme in way that takes the group of mentors and mentees into account and allows opportunities for everyone to come together and learn from each other, rather than limiting interactions to being solely one on one between mentee and mentor.
- Family – We acknowledge each member of this programme comes with significant connections to their aiga, village and workplace. They are not in isolation and by taking part in this programme they will contribute to outcomes that have positive implications for both themselves and their families.
Read about Raylene Liufalani's experience as a mentor on our LinkedIn page.
Programme key dates
9 June 2022– Selection panel will confirm the final cohort and match mentees with mentors
30 June 2022 – Workshop 1: Influencing, 9am to 12.30pm
July 2022 – Mentoring agreements signed
July 2022 – March 2023 – ongoing monthly one-on-one mentoring meetings
30 August – Workshop 2: Leadership skills and abilities, 9am to 12.30pm
26 October – Workshop 3: Career planning and progression, 9am to 12.30pm
8 February 2023 – Workshop 4: Connecting and engagement, 9am to 12.30pm
29 March 2023 – Workshop 5: Reflection and commitment, 9am to 12.30pm
Post 31 March 2023 – Independent next career steps
Joining the programme
Expressions of interest (EoI) for mentors closed 29 April 2022.
We’re looking for mentors that:
- identify as Pacific and are senior leaders in the Public Service (tier 2-3)
- can commit to regular mentoring sessions over the 9-month period including 5 online facilitated workshops.
- are excited to transfer skills, knowledge and expertise, and gain fresh perspectives
- bring a wealth of leadership experience as well as highly relevant cultural awareness and expertise from across the public sector.
Expressions of interest for mentees closed 6 May 2022.
We’re looking for mentees that:
- identify as Pacific and have 5-6 years’ experience in the Public Service
- can commit to regular mentoring sessions over the 9-month period including 5 online facilitated workshops
- are ready or considering to move into their first leadership role
- ready to enhance skills, knowledge and build networks
- open to reflection on themselves, their future and longer-term goals
- are supported by their manager.
The programme will cost $1500 (excl GST) per mentee.
If you have any questions or queries contact email@example.com