Leadership in Practice is LDC's highly-regarded nine-month development programme for leaders who have experience managing others, and who are ready to broaden their leadership impact and strategic influence across the system.
Leadership in Practice is designed to help participants - who have been identified by their managers develop self-awareness and general leadership skills. The programme is ideal for progressing leadership development planning and learning how to put leadership knowledge into action.
Leadership in Practice begins with a five-day residential workshop, followed by nine months of action learning and one-on-one coaching.
The programme also features:
- chief executives and senior leaders as guest speakers
- opportunities to try out, practice and refine and integrate what you are learning in the workplace
- opportunities to build relationships and network across agencies
- highly experienced facilitators who understand the State Services Commission's priorities and the context of Better Public Services.
2017 programme dates
LiP 54 - Wellington (FULL)
Residential workshop: 27-31 March 2017
LiP 55 - Wellington (FULL)
Kickoff date: 17 May, 12.00-2.00pm
Residential workshop: 27-30 June 2017
LiP 56 - Wellington
Kickoff date: 31 July 2017, 12.00-2.00pm
Residential workshop: 26-29 September
Find out more
- Leadership in Practice flyer (pdf)
- Leadership in Practice Auckland flyer (pdf)
- contact Julio Palafox, Programme Advisor, LDC.
2016/17 Leadership in Practice scholarship
LDC offers the Leadership in Practice scholarship to small agencies at 50% of full programme fee. Applications are open now.
Developing leaders in small agencies
The LiP scholarship is focused on growing the talent and capability of leaders in small agencies. Participants are given the opportunity to network, develop their leadership and contribute to the broader public sector leadership capability.
Applications now closed.
Find out more and download the application form.