Te hāpai i tā te tangata mahi
Enhancing people performance
Manage people performance and bring out the best in managers and staff; to deliver high quality results for customers.
Use this material to reflect on your own context and the opportunities that you have to make development part of the way you work.
Experiential development suggestions
- Have more informal discussions with your people to understand them, their operating environment and their customers
- Switch your conversational style from transactional communications to inquisitive coaching conversations
- Set each of your people small challenges based on their development priorities and support them on their journey
- Recognise good performance and respond to it in person
- Offer your people time to pursue business related initiatives and keep track of their progress through regular conversations
Shall we talk? Getting the most out of performance dialogues
Beyond a bonus: driving employee performance