Ā mātau mahi
How we work
We connect individual leaders and member agencies across the public sector with development programmes, resources and experiences that amplify their leadership potential.
We collaborate with executives, senior leaders, human resources/organisational development communities, our network of expert providers, and the local and international academic community.
We listen so we can design and deliver the best outcomes for leaders and organisations across the public sector.
We share best practice and resources. And we identify, assess and share systems that contribute to positive leadership behaviour.
The LDC community
The LDC team includes specialists in coaching, programme design and delivery, and research and analytics.
A community of local and international academics inform our research and help shape our advice to the future.
Our team measure and share the impact of learning, and our analysis of system-wide leadership capability.
Our programmes and services
Through our flexible delivery options we provide a range of products and services that include:
- Leadership assessments
- Leadership development programmes
- An HR/OD hub where approved professionals share knowledge and information
- Toolkits and other online resources
- Access to expert leadership advice, and international research
- Access to network of pre-qualified facilitators and coaches
- Learning Labs and other workshops.
Common and Core Development
In 2018 New Zealand’s core public service chief executives agreed to take a common approach to development for all new people leaders, new leader of leaders, and new senior system leaders.
The LDC has co-created a range of resources to help agencies:
- develop their leaders against core development priorities specific to each level of transition.
- embed consistent leadership development across the Public Service
- make sure every new leader receives the transition support they need to succeed, and that no new leader is left behind.
We are supporting our member agencies to identify and develop an efficient and cost-effective delivery model for Common and Core Development.
Read more about Common and Core Development and what it means for New Zealand’s public sector agencies.
Become a member
LDC membership is available to all public sector organisations within New Zealand by way of a levy which is set according to agency size. Find out more about how LDC membership works, and the benefits of membership to your organisation.