Mahere whakawhanake takitahi: te whakawhanake i tētahi kē
Individual development plan: developing others
Taking time to discuss your direct report’s professional needs or aspirations for growth with the use of an IDP can help them reach short and long-term career goals, as well as improve current job performance.
Using an individual development plan:
- supports gaining clarity of career development goals
- helps create an individually tailored action plan for developing specific competencies (and any knowledge and skills) that will improve a direct report’s performance.
This toolkit will help you, as a manager to:
- understand your role in helping your people create their IDP
- provide your people with templates to get them started
- clarify the aspirations of your direct reports and how you might best invest in their development
- get some tips for the kinds of conversations you should be having with your people.
Are you looking for a toolkit that supports you to create your own IDP? The toolkit 'Individual Development plan: developing self' will be released in August. In the meantime, there are lots of useful resources in this toolkit to get you started.
You will need to be logged in to view all the toolkit content below as it is limited to members only.