The Leadership Success Profile (Te Kawa Mataaho Public Service Commission), the leadership framework for the Public Service, describes the leadership character Resilient as: "Show composure, grit, and a sense of perspective when the going gets tough; to help others maintain optimism and focus."
At its core, it is a state of mind that allows you to bounce back from setbacks and failures. It’s an ability to adapt to change, handle pressure, and be resilient in the face of adversity.
A resilient leader will:
- have strategies in place to support their own wellbeing and resilience
- understand the impacts of stress to themselves and others
- role-model wellbeing to their team and support team resilience.
This toolkit is for leaders who want to build their own as well as others’ resilience and will help you to:
- understand the impacts of stress and how building resilience can support you to deal with stressful situations
- understand your stressors and what you can do to improve your resilience
- support your team through challenging times and grow your team’s resilience
- get tools to build your resilience such as Te Whare Tapa Whā and mindfulness.
You will need to be logged in to view all the toolkit content below as it is limited to members only.